GAP and TRAIL EA
GAP and TRAIL EA Effective trading on a live account. The effect of closing the price gap (gap) is used. A trailing stop of open positions reduces risk. A minimum deposit of $10.
Features of the trading strategy
After weekends or holidays, gaps often appear on the market (gaps in price charts). According to statistics, most gaps close (the price returns to the start of the gap). The trading strategy implemented by this robot is predicated on this regularity. At the time of the gap, the robot opens the position within the direction of its closure. For each transaction, individual goals are calculated counting on the characteristics of the market. Open positions are accompanied by a robot. In the process of price movement, a trailing stop is performed on the extremes of the formed candles, which significantly reduces trading risks.
The robot has all the protections that allow it to figure successfully in adverse conditions on a true account. Also, flexible money management adapts transactions for the accumulated volumes and allows you to reinvest the funds received. All this makes the work of the robot as safe and efficient as possible.
On major currency pairs, gaps occur relatively rarely, usually after weekends or holidays. Therefore, the robot opens transactions infrequently (2-4 per month). However, transactions are very accurate and open with increased volume, providing a given high trading efficiency.
Recommendations for use
The robot is often wont to trade on any accounts. But it’s preferable to use accounts with 5-digit quotes, low spread, and high speed. Account leverage is preferably at least 1: 500.
In the case of a floating spread, when it’s possible to possess an unacceptable spread, you ought to prohibit positioning with an invalid spread value using the to regulate the spread = Yes parameter. The deal is going to be opened when the spread becomes but the worth laid out in Maximum spread.
The Maximum spread parameter must be greater than the minimum spread of a selected account. Otherwise, the robot will not work. Good results are obtained if the broker provides a hard and fast spread of no quite 10-30 points.
Optimization over time is usually not needed. However, when switching to other brokers, especially with a rise within the spread, optimization could also be necessary.
- Magic number – the magic number for orders;
- Language – robot message language (Eng / Rus);
- Trading days – allowed trading days (Only Monday / All days);
- Use money management – use of automatic capital management ( Yes / No);
- Magnification factor of the low – coefficient of linear dependence of the lot on the available funds in money management;
- Initial lot – initial lot with money management disabled;
- Size of the gap – the minimum size of the gap, which is allowed to open trades, points;
- Coefficient of the take profit – gap share used for profit (0.2-1.0);
- Stop-loss – initial stop loss, points;
- To control the spread before opening order – (Yes / No);
- Maximum spread – maximum spread for opening trades (if a To control the spread = Yes).
Testing was conducted on the quotes of the standard real account of the Alpari broker and showed the stability of the operation of the robot over long periods (3-5 years). When testing for the period 2017 – 2018 g with a starting deposit of $100, the following results were obtained (rounded): on EURUSD $30000; on GBPJPY $217000 and on GBPUSD $98000. The results are shown in the screenshots.